The “to do list ” should be getting shorter as we are approaching the departure date but with all the big equipment installed allot of small problems are popping up that together take up allot of time. We will not be able to stick to our original schedule but we are getting closer day by day. Unfortunately we just don’t have the time to write about everything we are doing on the boat at the moment and hope to catch up later :(
The rig is up but the Led trilight/anchor light was missing when I took the mast out of the shed. A new one is being sent from Holland but the delivery times where long last time and I really hope it gets here in time. This weekend I tried out our new dinghy which I got second hand. I chose a Bombard AX3 with a 5 hp Tohatsu mostly because of the weight, the inflatable is only 21 kg and the engine 19. Naturally the dinghy was named Gabriel :)
I also started making some spikes for our ice poles from 2″ stainless pipes (Tips from Ariel 4) which will be bolted on to two 3,5 m wooden beams. The Arctic adventure continues and it is a race against time!